[alsa-devel] Using aplay and arecord on an ARM

Paul Kavan pkavan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 21:48:24 CEST 2007

Frank:

> gives me a slightly distorted sine wave that has a period of half of
> > what I would expect.
>
> Better than no sound :)  At least something is getting through ALSA and
> ASoC to your codec.

Very true indeed. It was nice hearing a sine wave come out....even if it was
not ready for prime time.

You may need to adjust the RCMR, RFRM, TCMR, TFRM register settings in
> sound/soc/at91/at91-ssc.c to send the data in the mode that your codec
> expects.  I have only tested I2S and DSP_A modes with S16_LE data.  It's
> fairly easy to add new modes.

I will do this. I can probe the clock and data lines to make sure they are
looking like what I expect and then look to the modes to see what I need to
change in the directories.

> Here is the bare-bones config file that I was using before I added a
> second sound device:
>
> pcm.!default {
>     type hw
>     card 0
> }
> pcm.hw {
>     type hw
>     card 0
>     device 0
>     subdevice 0
> }
> ctl.!default {
>     type hw
>     card 0
> }
> ctl.hw {
>     type hw
>     card 0
> }

I will give this conf a whirl and see what it does.

Thanks.

Paul

--
Paul David Kavan