[alsa-devel] pcm->private_data is NULL in alsa core!!

Clemens Ladisch cladisch at fastmail.net
Tue Jun 19 13:10:30 CEST 2007

Pharaoh . wrote:
> > > I have set the pcm->private_data = my_chip after registering the pcm ops,
> > > ... but after I do snd_card_register(card) the pcm->private_data is
> > > corrupted !!

snd_card_omap_alsa_pcm() should be __devinit, and full duplex is implied
when no other XXX_DUPLEX flag is set, but I couldn't find any obvious
errors related to private_data.

Does the changing of private_data really occur in snd_card_register(),
i.e., the output you get is:

| in register codec 4 pvt data is (something)
| in register codec 5 pvt data is 0

And the new value is NULL?

snd_card_register() calls callbacks for all registered devices.  It
could be possible that some callback registered by eac_register_mixer()
does something, but I don't know what this function does.

Regards,
Clemens