[alsa-devel] Got microphone working with SigmaTel STAC 9221 A1 on a Dell XPS M1210

Eran Guendelman erang at stanford.edu
Wed Jun 13 08:49:23 CEST 2007

> So, we need to add a new model.  Could you give the output of "lspci
> -nv", too?  We need PCI SSID to identify the device.  Then I can write
> a patch to try.

00:1b.0 Class 0403: 8086:27d8 (rev 01)
         Subsystem: 1028:01d7
         Memory at efffc000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
         Capabilities: [60] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+
Queue=0/0 Enable-
         Capabilities: [70] Express Unknown type IRQ 0
         Capabilities: [100] Virtual Channel
         Capabilities: [130] Unknown (5)

>> - Does the snd_hda_intel driver currently (or will it eventually)
>> support dynamic switching so I can switch from the Mic In to Line In or
>> to Rear Speakers Out, etc, just like in the Windows driver?
>
> Hm?  It should have already the switches, "Line In As Output" and "Mic
> As Output"...

I did see those when I tried the 3stack mode, but in my current fix
(modifying "ref" with my pin configs) I don't get such options in the
mixer.  Any idea what I would need to do to get it to add these switches
to the mixer?  This is the output from "amixer controls"

numid=8,iface=MIXER,name='Master Playback Switch'
numid=7,iface=MIXER,name='Master Playback Volume'
numid=13,iface=MIXER,name='PCM Playback Volume'
numid=6,iface=MIXER,name='Front Playback Switch'
numid=5,iface=MIXER,name='Front Playback Volume'
numid=3,iface=MIXER,name='Capture Switch'
numid=2,iface=MIXER,name='Capture Volume'
numid=9,iface=MIXER,name='IEC958 Playback Con Mask'
numid=10,iface=MIXER,name='IEC958 Playback Pro Mask'
numid=11,iface=MIXER,name='IEC958 Playback Default'
numid=12,iface=MIXER,name='IEC958 Playback Switch'
numid=14,iface=MIXER,name='Digital Capture Volume'
numid=1,iface=MIXER,name='Input Source'
numid=4,iface=MIXER,name='Mux Capture Volume'

Thanks.