[alsa-devel] Quirks device not showing up

LCID Fire lcid-fire at gmx.net
Mon Jun 11 23:25:13 CEST 2007

LCID Fire wrote:
> Well I defined a quirks for my usb device. I mined the probe code with
> output and it creates a new driver instance for my device as well as it
> finds the channels. Nevertheless I don't get my device listed in
> userspace. Is there anything special to be done besides defining a quirks?
I have to correct myself a bit. The patch is actually working - and my
card and it's channels are detected just fine - problem is there seems
to be no mixer available for my channels.
When I try to access my card using alsamixer I get a message "No mixer
elems found". Is there a special .conf file necessary and what's the
format for it?