[alsa-devel] [ASoC]one Small Suggestion

Nobin Mathew nobin.mathew at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 14:58:56 CEST 2007

Liam,

Thank you for your support, my work is almost complete now, driver is
working perfectly now.

I have one suggestion,

I modified the wm9713.c codec driver in probe function , so that

	if(socdev->machine->dai_link->cpu_dai->private_data)
		codec->ac97->bus->private_data =
socdev->machine->dai_link->cpu_dai->private_data;

Here i am assigning the controller private data.

so that my following ac97 read and write to access codec registers become good.

static void aaci_ac97_write(struct snd_ac97 *ac97, unsigned short reg,
unsigned short val)
{
	struct platform_controller *controller = ac97->bus->private_data;
	struct aaci *aaci = (struct aaci *)controller->bus_controller;

static unsigned short aaci_ac97_read(struct snd_ac97 *ac97, unsigned short reg)
{
	struct platform_controller *controller = ac97->bus->private_data;
	struct aaci *aaci = (struct aaci *)controller->bus_controller;
	u32 v;

Is there a way to accomodate this in existing ASoC design?
Or a better way to do this?