[alsa-devel] Problem restarting alsa: can't set buffer size

Juan Manuel Lopez Baio jmbaio at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 21:11:02 CEST 2007

Hello. I'm developing an application that records input from ALSA and
process it. To do so I user the API starting with snd_pcm_open and follow
with the parameters settings and so on, and once the app is done and exits,
it closes with snd_pcm_hw_params_free and snd_pcm_close.
The problem is that afterwards, if I restart the application, I can't set up
ALSA, becausea continuous calls to snd_pcm_hw_params_set_buffer_size always
fail  (I start with a buffer size of 8192 and keep dividing it by 2). I
finally have to restart the system in order to get it to work again.
I'm on a Mandriva box with gcc 4.1.2
¿Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance!

juan