[alsa-devel] humming sound/distorted sound

Hemanth Kumar hemwire at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 12:18:25 CEST 2007

Hi All,

               I am new to alsa , I am using the Texas Instrument Davinci
Board (ARM arch) with linux-2.6.10 with alsa lib 1.0.6,
               ALSA was working fine the sound was good,Then I changed the
kernel to 2.6.20 with out changeing the alsa lib
               no when play sound I get humming sound/distorted sound I have
few question,

   1 .Does I need to change the alsa lib also
   2 .Does I need to change/ Select addtional option's in kernel(I have
copied the linux-2.6.10/.config file to linux-2.6.20)

        Can any please point me where I went wrong