[alsa-devel] USB Audio out PS3

gt bradley baykelper at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 23:39:13 CEST 2007

I have connected a soundblaster mp3+ via usb to my ps3.
it shows up in the sound-config applet and plays stereo just fine using
the various test commands.

I was using Fedora 7, (which has alsa ver. 1.0.14),  and had been
compiling bleeding edge kernels, with the sound modules set up as modules.

The stereo part was almost plug-and-play, except that to install the
USB, I did have to enable the "CONFIG_USB_EHCI_SPLIT_ISO (Experimental)
" option in the kernel.

I gave up trying to configure the SPDIF to do surround sound (long story).
GT