[alsa-devel] BT87x ALSA driver patches

Trent Piepho xyzzy at speakeasy.org
Thu Jul 26 00:43:50 CEST 2007

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Em Sáb, 2007-07-21 às 17:36 -0700, Trent Piepho escreveu:
> > 01/01: bttv: Fix Viewcast Osprey 440 support
> > http://linuxtv.org/hg/~tap/v4l-dvb?cmd=changeset;node=8e72fe5675b3
> >
> > I have two other changes that only affect the ALSA driver part.  Should I
> > send those to ALSA or to you?
>
> Please send to ALSA guys, c/c me.

Ok, I'll do that.  What about the two lines to bt87x.c that this patch added?
I seemed logical to me that they should be part of the same patch at git as
the changes to bttv-cards.c, but I suppose it's not 100% necessary to do so,
the kernel will still compile and not crash.

Do you plan to send this to git as one patch, or to strip out the ALSA change?
I'm just wondering if I should send these two lines to the ALSA people as a
separate patch, of if they will get them into their hg via a kernel-sync
patch.  My bt87x patches depend on this one, so somehow the ALSA hg needs
to get this change before I can send them the next two.

The problem really, is that having two divers for the same chip split into
v4l-dvb and ALSA like this a pain.  IMHO, it would make a lot more sense
to put the bttv alsa driver into v4l-dvb, like the saa7134 alsa and oss
and cx88 alsa drivers are.