[alsa-devel] Effect of CONFIG_SND_PCM_OSS_PLUGINS

Clemens Ladisch cladisch at fastmail.net
Wed Jul 25 08:36:38 CEST 2007

Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> Unless CONFIG_SND_PCM_OSS_PLUGINS is set then with my driver the
> userspace (and OSS) app mpg123 doesn't work properly - not outputting
> any sound.

This symbol enables (limited) automatic sample rate/format conversion.

Apparently, your sound device does not support any of mpg123's supported
sample formats.

> Is this likely to be a problem with my driver or with the app?

I would say that the problem is the missing CONFIG_SND_PCM_OSS_PLUGINS.
;-)

Well, your driver does support S16_LE, doesn't it?

Regards,
Clemens