[alsa-devel] How do I tell ALSA that my driver supports every possible sample rate?

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Mon Jul 23 19:27:31 CEST 2007

Clemens Ladisch wrote:

> To indicate that the PCM device supports all sample rates between the
> minimum and the maximum, set SNDRV_PCM_RATE_CONTINUOUS in addition to
> the other supported bits.

So I should do this:

	SNDRV_PCM_RATES_5512 | SNDRV_PCM_RATE_8000_192000 | SNDRV_PCM_RATE_CONTINUOUS

That's not really elegant.

> However, in your case these bits should be set according to the
> capabilities of the codec.

In the codec driver, I do that.  With ASOC, each driver specifies its own capabilities,
and ASOC is supposed to reconcile them.  My I2S driver is not aware of the codec's
capabilities.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale