[alsa-devel] ALSA-USB driver issues with C-Media chipset

Saurav SAHU saurav.sahu at st.com
Fri Jul 20 06:49:05 CEST 2007

We have encountered some audio recording quality issues on the recent ALSA-USB drivers. These problems are faced on C-Media chipset based external USB audio devices. The recorded audio with 'arecord' is quite noisy, unclear and jerky. The version of ALSA I encountered are 1.0.12 and beyond. It seemed to work well previously on ALSA version 1.0.8. If I record with a Philips webcam mic (Philips chipset), the audio recording is very clear on across all ALSA versions.

In case you have observed similar issues with C-Media drivers and aware of them, please let me know.

Best Regards
Saurav