[alsa-devel] Setting audio channels on ICH5 with SALSA

Fausto Carvalho Marques SIlva fausto at tse.gov.br
Fri Jul 13 17:47:16 CEST 2007

>The ICH5 AC97 controller does not support mono output; you must use at
>least a stereo stream.

Ok, but lets clear the thing here:

 - I ussing salsa v 0.0.6
 - Look at this simple code:

  if ((err = snd_pcm_hw_params_set_channels (playback_handle, hw_params,
1)) < 0) {
        fprintf (stderr, "cannot set channel count (%s)\n",
                 snd_strerror (err));
        exit (1);
    }

    if ((err = snd_pcm_hw_params_get_channels (hw_params,&j)) < 0) {
        fprintf (stderr, "cannot set channel count (%s)\n",
                 snd_strerror (err));
        exit (1);
    }

when ussing alsa-lib 1.0.14 with device "hw" i get EINVAL,
when ussing alsa-lib 1.0.14 with device "default" i do not get erros
(set or get functions)
My alsa.conf is the installation default one.
I think the dafault device on alsa.conf is setting something the
salsa-lib does not...
Any help is wellcome...

Fausto Carvalho Marques Silva