[alsa-devel] [RFC] SGI O2 MACE audio ALSA module

TJ tj.trevelyan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 15:24:00 CEST 2007

Hi,

All playback sounds too fast, some players seem faster then others,
but I maybe wrong on that. The source file's sample rate seems to make
no difference, i've tried 22k,34k,44k,48k.

I have now been given a sin wave generator script, which I've been
meaning to try, but I lack an OCR so I will have to rely on my
hearing.

ALSA doesn't need to change sample rate, nor will it if the sample is
within the range supported/reported by the driver (as far as i know).

Mace audio supports 8k to 48k. You can look at the set clock speed for
the DAC in /proc/asound/card0/ad1843

You can manually override the clock speed by playing with
ad1843_setup_dac in ad1843.c

You can try lying to ALSA by playing with snd_mace_audio_hw[1] (or
sma_audio_hw[1]) in mace_audio.c

If anyone can see why it plays too fast, please let me know.

Thorben