[alsa-devel] Errors in application building

Paul Kavan pkavan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 23:18:19 CEST 2007

On 7/10/07, J. Scott Merritt <AlsaUser at pragmasoft.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:19:32 -0500
> "Paul Kavan" <pkavan at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello all:
> >
> > I have worked on getting some things cleaned up in my kernel and rfs to
> > ensure I was not running out of ramdisk space on my arm development
> board. I
> > am confident that part is okay now, but still getting a segmentation
> fault
> > when I try to run my application. Using gdb, I still get:
> >
> > --snip--
> > /usr/sbin $ gdb grh_audio
> >

> > dlopen failed on 'libthread_db.so.1' - File not found
> > GDB will not be able to debug pthreads.
> >
> > --snip--
> >
> > Not sure what the problem is. I have the alsa libs configured as they
> are
> > supposed to. I assume that the problem has to do with the alsa-libs, but
> > have been successful in getting aplay to work.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>
> Actually, I would guess that the problem is more likely related to GDB,
> and more specifically that it can't find "libthread_db.so.1" in /usr/lib.

I am working on the libthread_db issue right now. Is proving to be harder
than I would have expected. Anyway, I did determine the problem causing the
warnings:

warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of
'snd_pcm_hw_params_set_rate_near' differ in signedness

was due to sample_rate being defined as an int and not an unsigned int.
Changing that cleared that warning.

I will let you know what happens once I get the libthread_db going.

Paul

--
Paul David Kavan
pkavan at gmail.com