[alsa-devel] Alsa lib configure asoundlib.h

Paul Kavan pkavan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 17:05:12 CEST 2007

On 7/10/07, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:

> At Fri, 06 Jul 2007 11:46:59 +0200,
> I wrote:
> >
> > At Thu, 05 Jul 2007 12:15:06 -0300,
> > Fausto Carvalho Marques SIlva wrote:
> > >
> > > In salsa library(this library really saved my life, from am alsa-lib
> of
> > > 600K to 45K!!!), developed by Takashi Iwai, the creation of
> asoundlib.h
> > > is dynamic and based on the configure options ( --disable-mixer will
> > > remove mixer.h from asoundlib.h).
> > > Can alsa-lib do the same??I think it is a good "cleanup" way of doing
> > > client header files.

I really like the idea of Salsa as well. I have built both ALSA-libs and
SALSA-libs for my ARM SoC system. However, there are a lot of features I am
sure I do not need, e.g. mixer. I would like to build the minimal SALSA
system for playing and capturing audio through a PCM interface. The audio is
mono, 8k sample rate with no sw audio control, etc. What tags can I add to
get the smallest possible SALSA build. Currently I am doing this:

CC=arm-linux-gcc ./configure --target=arm-linux --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu
--with-versioned=no --disable-mixer

then

make install DESTDIR=$HOME/Linux_Builds/buildroot/build_arm/root/

But am still getting about a 400k addition to my rootfs. Anyway to make that
smaller?

Thanks.

Paul
--