[alsa-devel] Intel hda ICH7 not worked anymore after using wine

Xavi de Blas xaviblas at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 15:58:30 CEST 2007

2007/7/9, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de>:
> At Mon, 9 Jul 2007 15:26:59 +0200,
> Xavi de Blas wrote:
> >
> > Hello
> >
> > 2007/7/9, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de>:

> > > The codec isn't handled via the proper support code but only by the
> > > generic parser.  It won't work for Thinkpad.
> > >

> > I'm not sure if i understood... then, no solution for me now?
> >
> > should i try the alsa svn code?

> > > X60 is known to work with recent kernels (but you'd better to give
> > > probe_mask=1 option to avoid the modem codec).
> > >

> > I tried, rebooted and pastebin changed:
> > http://pastebin.ca/610387
> >
> > This doesn't exist now:
> > # Codec: Conexant ID 2bfa
> > # Address: 1
> > # Vendor Id: 0x14f12bfa
> > # Subsystem Id: 0x17aa201b
> > # Revision Id: 0x90000
>
> Err, it's a modem codec.  Pass probe_mask=2 instead, then.

Now i have still no sound. But there's no messages about hda on dmesg

$ dmesg | grep -i hda

$ tail -2 /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base
options snd-hda-intel probe_mask=2

I commented the /etc/modprobe.d/snd-hda-intel.modprobe

On pastebin:
http://pastebin.ca/610431

The "HDA-Intel Codec information" changed a lot.

Still any ideas?

Thanks again