[alsa-devel] hda-intel on macbook: unknown model for ACL882

Steffen Schulz pepe_ml at gmx.net
Sat Jul 7 20:48:57 CEST 2007

Hi all, hi Takashi

someone at Ubuntuforums found some more effects with model=w2jc, I
thought the info might help you to provide an update.

When I switch from 2ch to 6ch, the mic is ignored as input and I can
hear whatever is playing through the front speakers also through the
headphones when plugged to the *input*. Headphone output is still mute
(or very VERY quiet).

It is however not possible to mute or lower the speaker output without
affecting the headphone volume at the input plug.

Switching Input sources has no effect and I can't speak for SPDIF,
except the output plug's light goes on..

I can't produce any of this behaviour with model=macpro or auto.

Please ask if you need more information.

/Steffen

--
 (o< ·-_    Less CO2    |  _o)                          +49/1781384223
 V_/_    ---------------  _\_V _(\)_(\)    mailto: pepe at cbg.dyndns.org