[alsa-devel] Fwd: Problems with hda_intel, Santa Rosa, and suspend

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Jul 6 17:46:04 CEST 2007

Hi!

FYI, I own the same laptop-model as Matt and have similar (identical?)
problems.

On 06.07.2007 11:32, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Thu, 5 Jul 2007 21:42:21 -0500,
> Matt Mullins wrote:
>> Found what I think is the problem... patch_sigmatel.c set
>> spec->num_pins=14, yet spec->pin_nids pointed to stac9205_pin_nids,
>> which was an array of only 12 NIDs.  That caused [total guess here]
>> either stac92xx_save_bios_config_regs or stac92xx_set_config_regs to
>> read past the end of the array and into an uninitialized area.  I
>> changed the 14 to a 12, and it seems to work.  The attached patch is
>> against the current Mercurial sources, but I made the similar change
>> to kernel 2.6.22-rc7, and it doesn't use single_cmd anymore.
> Argh!  Thanks for spotting this nasty bug.

Agreed; Matt, thx for your work.

> It'd be better to use ARRAY_SIZE there.  Then typos would be more
> obvious.  Could you check the patch below?

Works fine for me (patch was applied to alsa-driver 1.0.14 sources and
compiled against/tested on a Fedora 2.6.21 kernel and a 2.6.22-rc7-git3
kernel from the Fedora devel tree)

>>  It still
>> doesn't work after a suspend, though, making me unload and reload the
>> module.
> Do you mean you'll get a communication error after suspend, or got no
> sound output, or any other problem?

I simply don't get any audio output at all after either suspend or
hibernate. Reloading the module after suspend/hibernate makes the sound
working again.

CU
thl