[alsa-devel] Easiest way to test playback on an ASOC driver?

Jose Henrique Spahn Torres jose.torres at eldorado.org.br
Wed Jul 4 14:55:15 CEST 2007

Hi,

-----Original Message-----
From: alsa-devel-bounces at alsa-project.org [mailto:alsa-devel-bounces at alsa-project.org] On Behalf Of Timur Tabi
Sent: terça-feira, 3 de Julho de 2007 20:08
To: alsa-devel at alsa-project.org
Subject: [alsa-devel] Easiest way to test playback on an ASOC driver?

I'm in the early stages of testing an ASOC driver, i.e. I'm trying to get playback to work.

What is the easiest way to test playback?  Is there a particular tool I should be using that does the most basic and direct playback of audio data through ALSA?

--
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale

I am also working on an ASOC system (smdk2410).
After you compiled alsa-driver and alsa-lib, you can compile alsa-utils
which will give you aplay, arecord and speaker-test app.
You can test your system with these app.

Bye,
Henrique