[alsa-devel] Errors in application building

Paul Kavan pkavan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 20:51:34 CEST 2007

On 7/3/07, Lee Revell <rlrevell at joe-job.com> wrote:

> On 7/3/07, Paul Kavan <pkavan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > grhuser at pcL7:$ arm-linux-gcc -Wall -o grh_audio grh_audio.c
>
> You need to add -lasound to the gcc command line.
>
> Lee

Thanks Lee. I was digging and just found that. When I tried, I lose all the
other errors, still keep the warnings, but get a new error. The compile
attempts looks like this:

 arm-linux-gcc -lasound -Wall -o grh_audio grh_audio.c
grh_audio.c: In function 'grh_capture':
grh_audio.c:112: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of
'snd_pcm_hw_params_set_rate_near' differ in signedness
grh_audio.c: In function 'grh_playback':
grh_audio.c:207: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of
'snd_pcm_hw_params_set_rate_near' differ in signedness
/home/grhuser/buildroot/build_arm/staging_dir/lib/gcc/arm-linux-uclibc/4.1.2/../../../../arm-linux-uclibc/bin/ld:
cannot find -lasound
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I guess I am not sure where lasound ought to be....do you know what file
name I should be looking for and where it should be located for proper
compiling?

--
Paul David Kavan
pkavan at gmail.com