[alsa-devel] [HDA Intel/STAC92xx] mic not working (retasking?)...

Daniel J Blueman daniel.blueman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 00:39:14 CEST 2007

Hi Takashi,

On 02/07/07, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:
> [...]
[snip]

> > > First, show the contents of /proc/asound/card0/codec#* files...
> >
> > Firstly, thank you for replying; the only related cases I've been able
> > to find on the internet suggest to use the 'model=vaio' option to the
> > snd-hda-intel module, but this does not help.
>
> Try the patch below, choose "Line" as the capture source (if you want
> a mic-input jack -- for the built-in mic, chooes "Mic"), and raise the
> newly added "Capture Boost" volume.

Firstly, thank you for your time and help.

I have discovered the bug preventing me using the external mic socket
before: in the mixer, the user has to select the [internal] mic input,
then re-select the line-in (actually external mic) input; reading from
(eg) /dev/dsp while changing this, the output suddenly is as expected
when the line-in is re-selected.

Since we've got started, where should I look for the 'before' and
'after' state to compare to see into this?

This behaviour is reproducible with both 2.6.20 and 2.6.22-rc7.

Many thanks!
  Daniel
--
Daniel J Blueman