[alsa-devel] intel-hd on an intel G33 motherboard

De Fuuss fuuss at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 28 02:53:58 CET 2007

Hi,

I tried with the corrected syntax (alsamixer -D hw:1,0), to no avail. I get the following:

# alsamixer -D hw:1,0
ALSA lib conf.c:3840:(parse_args) Unknown parameter 1
ALSA lib conf.c:3966:(snd_config_expand) Parse arguments error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib control.c:909:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL hw:1,0

alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for hw:1,0: No such file or directory

I'm not sure I understand your question about extending the jacks. The SG33G5M has indeed 5 jacks on the back:

1 front out l/r
1 center/bass
1 sourround back l/r
1 side sourround
1 line in

+ an spdif out

All the jacks are directly soldered on the motherboard. The XPC motherboard is promoted as 7.1 capable.

The motherboard also exists in a SG33G5M "Deluxe" version with a supplementary spdif in + bluetooth + ...

Regards,

Patrick