[alsa-devel] Notebook Toshiba satellite x200-21g with realtek snd-hda-intel audio device still not supported (codec ALC268)

Daniele (Mastro) daniele.bilug at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 21:40:18 CET 2007

Tobin Davis ha scritto:
> What I can do, is ask you to download and run
> http://bulletproof.servebeer.com/alsa/scripts/alsa-info.sh .

that's the one with model=toshiba (useless)
http://pastebin.ca/831128

> Also, rebuild the modules with "./configure --with-cards=snd-hda-intel
> --with-debug=detect" and load them with "model=auto".  This will leave
> output in dmesg as to what the driver finds in bios.  It's not always
> reliable, but it helps.

done..
i recompiled all the alsa-source with that option (--with-debug=detect)

you can see dmesg here: http://pastebin.ca/831221
and the result of the alsa-info.sh script with this modules/setting
here: http://pastebin.ca/831224

i've added 2 note to the bug (
https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=3659 )

still i don't know how to use the info from dmesg for fixing my card...
can you help me understanding it?

> As to 5.1 surround, the only way to get 6 channel output would be
> through the SPDIF port, as it acts as a digial passthrough.  If your
> system has a subwoofer, it is very likely tied into the main speaker
> out, just like the 2.1 speakers you can get at most stores.

as you can read into the bug report i think it's NOT  a 5+1 sound card
there are 2 middle frequency speaker, 2 twitter and 1 subwoofer (a total
of 5 speaker)
but probably, as you said, it's a 2.1 or something like this...

anyway it doesn't work as it should

i can recompile the driver with -with-debug=full option if you need it

i didn't compiled only the hda-intel driver.. i recompiled all using
debian way (module assistant + modification to the debian/rules script)

merry Christmas and thanks for your time

--
Daniele