[alsa-devel] Notebook Toshiba satellite x200-21g with realtek snd-hda-intel audio device still not supported (codec ALC268)

Tobin Davis tdavis at dsl-only.net
Fri Dec 21 02:10:54 CET 2007

Daniele,

Normally I would have jumped in earlier to help, but I am swamped,
between my real job (non-alsa related), school (BS IT degree program),
and recent flooding activity in Oregon a couple of weeks ago.

What I can do, is ask you to download and run
http://bulletproof.servebeer.com/alsa/scripts/alsa-info.sh .

Also, rebuild the modules with "./configure --with-cards=snd-hda-intel
--with-debug=detect" and load them with "model=auto".  This will leave
output in dmesg as to what the driver finds in bios.  It's not always
reliable, but it helps.

As to 5.1 surround, the only way to get 6 channel output would be
through the SPDIF port, as it acts as a digial passthrough.  If your
system has a subwoofer, it is very likely tied into the main speaker
out, just like the 2.1 speakers you can get at most stores.

Tobin

On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 01:04 +0100, Daniele (Mastro) wrote:

Tobin Davis

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.  In practice,
there is.