[alsa-devel] Status of Dolby Digital on-the-fly encoding? (via a52 plugin)

Dr. Alexander K. Seewald alex at seewald.at
Mon Dec 17 22:03:38 CET 2007

On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 11:30:56AM +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> Check first whether "ac3dec -C foo.ac3" work to send AC3 data (not on
> the fly encoding).  Try a52 plugin after confirming this works.
Does not work with -C, but works with --card=0 - only as a PCM audio
signal, sadly, which already works (no digital dolby, only left and right
speakers are active). I checked -C --card=0 and all the other
settings of ac3dec as well - no success.

> (And, I know there are still some bugs with a52 plugin but no time to
>  play with it right now...)
Problem seems to lie deeper...

Best,
  Alex
--
Dr. Alexander K. Seewald         +43(664)1106886
              Seewald Solutions