[alsa-devel] Notebook Toshiba satellite x200-21g with realtek snd-hda-intel audio device still not supported (codec ALC268)

Daniele (Mastro) daniele.bilug at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 15:13:54 CET 2007

Takashi Iwai wrote:
> The first thing you can do is to try different model options for
> snd-hda-intel module.  For example, pass model=toshiba.
> The available model value depends on the codec chip.  See
> ALSA-Configuration.txt for details.

i forgot to say i've already tried all the option i could think about

auto (default)
toshiba
3stacks
3stacks-6ch
3stacks-6ch-dig

neither one has better/worst behavior

I've checked the module has toke those option by
cat /sys/module/snd_hda_intel/parameters/model

anyway I've read the ALSA-Configuration.txt shipped with my kernel and
for Codec ALC268 it only has 2 options
3stacks
auto

I've seen other version of the kernel has two more option:
toshiba Toshiba A205
acer Acer laptops

I've googled a bit and i found out that the Toshiba A205 has completely
different problem.. the sound doesn't work with it..

so i think my audio card is an unknown model
the laptop is brand new and i only found this model in Italy
anyway i think that the same audio card is shipped with the Toshiba
Satellite x205-S7483 witch is an american laptop

one last thing... someone told me that your mailing list moved here (on
vger)... but on the alsa-project web site it say a different thing.
should i subscribe and write the same question on THAT mailing list?
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe alsa-devel" in
the body of a message to majordomo at vger.kernel.org