[alsa-devel] Sound problems in PCCHIPS A13G+

alsa-devel.20.pris at spamgourmet.com alsa-devel.20.pris at spamgourmet.com
Tue Dec 11 19:57:48 CET 2007

Ok folks,

I have tried the following approaches without much success:
installing the latest ALSA driver from the repositories(this was
alsa-driver-hg20071129
at the time I did it.)

Then I uninstalled ALSA and installed the latest OSS driver. This
helped a bit and the sound was better, but still not perfect, I still
have problems with some AVI files.
So the last thing I'm trying now is installing the Realtek audio codecs:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#High%20Definition%20Audio%20Codecs

So I downloaded it and followed the instructions. I managed to
successfully compile this driver but then when I run alsamixer I get
the following error message:

alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such device

I read somewhere that this is due to some OSS modules still being
loaded and that I have to remove those OSS modules. So how do I do
that?

Thanks for any help!
If you need more information just ask.

Roland