[alsa-devel] Query regarding external alsa plugins

Pharaoh . pharaoh137 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 08:32:53 CET 2007

On Dec 7, 2007 3:50 PM, Pharaoh . <pharaoh137 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am writing an external IO type plugin for my board since my audio driver
> is going to be a user space driver
> i.e. no alsa kernel driver because of some technical reasons. My pluging
> works okay and now I want to provide
> a mixer control interface like volume control and playback path  selection
> etc.
>
> Is there anything like mixer plugin etc which can be intergrated with my
> existing plugin? Can I get a test code
> somewhere?

To further elaborate my question , when I do an aplay the control comes to
my plugin and I can play the audio samples, but I want to some mechanism
using which,

#amixer -D my_control_plugin cset numid=1 100 //say volume control

should also come to my plugin, a control plugin may be? How do I do this, I
dont know any way to specify the plugin path while using amixer command.

-pharaoh