[alsa-devel] asihpi driver -> kernel
linux at audioscience.com
Fri Dec 7 00:33:23 CET 2007
Eliot Blennerhassett wrote:
> Working on it, will submit new patches in the next week or so.
I have been beating our code with a big stick for the last 4 weeks.
I'd appreciate any comment you have on the progress.
You can see the result here:
The matching firmware is here:
Note that dsp6413.bin is replaced by dsp6400.bin, dsp8713 by dsp8700.
You can remove all the dsp*.txt from the repo they are not needed. Also
remove dsp2400, its not relevant.
The code is copmplete files rather than diffs, there are so many diffs I
don't think it is useful. Apart from cosmetic changes, there are some
added and removed files compared to curren ALSA Hg repo:
* Merged all files relating to HPI4000 into hpi4000.[ch] (remove
hpi56301.[ch], boot4ka.h, dpi56301.h
* Removed hpicheck.h
* add hpimsginit.[ch] (no new functions)
* Code is mostly 'checkpatch clean', though still some real work to do
around our use of volatile for structures that are updated by DMA by our
* Only 2 'sparse' warnings
* Got rid of nearly all typedefs, and most thin wrappers around kernel
* hpifunc.c now has no comments. They might return when we get around
to grinding them all down to 80 columns...
Extracted documentation is available here in the mean time:
More information about the Alsa-devel