[alsa-devel] Mindprint DI-MOD USB

Christian Schumann schumann at physik.uni-kl.de
Wed Dec 5 13:32:00 CET 2007

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 12:47:44PM +0100, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Christian Schumann wrote:
> > The DI-MOD USB is pretty usb-audio class compliant with the exception of
> > the spdif output, which has to be activated manaually. I did this with
> > the windows driver, but it would be nice to be able to do that with
> > ALSA.
> > I have a Envoice MkII with the DI-MOD USB, and my suggestion would be to
> > automatically enable the spdif output when initializing the driver. The
> > spdif output does not have any other effect on the card functionality.
>
> That is, it doesn't affect the analog output in any way?
As far as I can say it doesn't.

> > Digital: Vendorrequest, Typ: Out/Vendorinterface, bReq setCur, wVal 0x00,
> > wIndex 0x04, data length 1: data 0x01
> > Analog: Vendorrequest, Typ: Out/Vendorinterface, bReq setCur, wVal 0x00,
> > wIndex 0x02, data length 1: data 0x00
> >
> > I don't have experience in writing drivers, but if someone can give me a
> > clue where to start, I could give it a try.
>
> Have a look at the *_boot_quirk functions in usbaudio.c.
ok, I'll start there. Thanks.

Regards
Christian

Dipl.-Phys. Christian Schumann   |Technische Universitaet Kaiserslautern
Mail: schumann at physik.uni-kl.de  |           Fachbereich Physik
Tel.: 0631/205-4842 (Office)     |     http://www.physik.uni-kl.de
Tel.: 0631/205-4843 (Lab)        |
Fax.: 0631/205-3902              |
Post: Erwin-Schroedinger-Strasse, D-67663 Kaiserslautern