[alsa-devel] New Realtec ALC833 Codec in Fujitsu Siemens Xi2428

Die Mumie mumie_die at yahoo.de
Wed Dec 5 12:26:56 CET 2007

So, first:
I have a
-HDMI Connector
-Jack for Headphones (HP) and SPDIF
-Jack for Mic or Line
-Two built in Mics *
-Built in Speakers (I Guess that they are Stereo, but I'm not sure) *

What I can test is:
    Internel Speakers
    Internal Microphone

so I'm going trough the model list.

3stack-dig - Sound at HP, no IS, no Mic
6stack-dig - Front gives Sound at HP, Surround at IS, no Mic
3stack-6ch - Front gives Sound at HP, Surround at IS, no Mic
3stack-6ch-dig - Front gives Sound at HP, no IS, no Mic
6stack-dig-demo - Front gives sound at HP and IS at the same time, no switching by Jack, no Mic
acer - Front gives Sound at HP, Surround at IS, no Mic
acer-aspire - Switchs between HP and IS by plugging the HP, Headphones switch Enables/Disables sound on HP, no Mic
medion - no Sound
medion-md2 - sound on HP when HP switch is enabled, no mic
targa-dig - sound on HP when HP switch is enabled, Surround gives on IS, no Mic
targa-2ch-dig - sound on HP when HP switch is enabled, no mic
laptop-eapd - Front on HP, Surround on IS, no mic
lenovo-101e -  Sound on Front Jack switching, no Mic
lenovo-nb0763 - Sound on Speaker Jack switching, no Mic
lenovo-ms7195-dig - Sound on Front same time at IS and HP, no Mic
haier-w66 - Front on HP, no Mic
6stack-hp - Nothing
3stack-hp - Front on HP, Center on IS, no Mic

I hope this helps

Andy Shevchenko <andy at smile.org.ua> schrieb: Hi Die Mumie!

 On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 01:47:07AM +0100, Die Mumie wrote next:

>  Also, try one of the supported models for the ALC883:
>                 3stack-dig    3-jack with SPDIF I/O
>                6stack-dig    6-jack digital with SPDIF I/O
>                3stack-6ch    3-jack 6-channel
>                3stack-6ch-dig 3-jack 6-channel with SPDIF I/O
>                6stack-dig-demo  6-jack digital for Intel demo board
>                acer          Acer laptops (Travelmate 3012WTMi, Aspire 5600, etc)
>                acer-aspire   Acer Aspire 9810
>                medion        Medion Laptops
>                medion-md2    Medion MD2
>                targa-dig     Targa/MSI
>                targa-2ch-dig Targs/MSI with 2-channel
>                laptop-eapd   3-jack with SPDIF I/O and EAPD (Clevo M540JE, M550JE)
>                lenovo-101e   Lenovo 101E
>                lenovo-nb0763 Lenovo NB0763
>                lenovo-ms7195-dig Lenovo MS7195
>                haier-w66     Haier W66
>                6stack-hp     HP machines with 6stack (Nettle boards)
>                3stack-hp     HP machines with 3stack (Lucknow, Samba boards)
>                auto          auto-config reading BIOS (default)
Did you hear some sound in the HP or internel speakers with someone of these
models? If yes, please, say what is wrong with that sound.

With best regards,
Andy Shevchenko.      mailto: andy at smile.org.ua

Ihr erstes Fernweh? Wo gibt es den schönsten Strand.