[alsa-devel] New Realtec ALC833 Codec in Fujitsu Siemens Xi2428

Tobin Davis tdavis at dsl-only.net
Wed Dec 5 01:12:23 CET 2007

No, this is as good a place as any to post.  We'll need a bit more info,
though.  The easiest way to get the info is to run this script:
http://bulletproof.servebeer.com/alsa/scripts/alsa-info.sh

Post the link it generates back to this mailing list and either I or
someone else can look into it.  Be patient, as it may take a week or
two.

Also, try one of the supported models for the ALC883:

                  3stack-dig    3-jack with SPDIF I/O
                  6stack-dig    6-jack digital with SPDIF I/O
                  3stack-6ch    3-jack 6-channel
                  3stack-6ch-dig 3-jack 6-channel with SPDIF I/O
                  6stack-dig-demo  6-jack digital for Intel demo board
                  acer          Acer laptops (Travelmate 3012WTMi,
        Aspire 5600, etc)
                  acer-aspire   Acer Aspire 9810
                  medion        Medion Laptops
                  medion-md2    Medion MD2
                  targa-dig     Targa/MSI
                  targa-2ch-dig Targs/MSI with 2-channel
                  laptop-eapd   3-jack with SPDIF I/O and EAPD (Clevo
        M540JE, M550JE)
                  lenovo-101e   Lenovo 101E
                  lenovo-nb0763 Lenovo NB0763
                  lenovo-ms7195-dig Lenovo MS7195
                  haier-w66     Haier W66
                  6stack-hp     HP machines with 6stack (Nettle boards)
                  3stack-hp     HP machines with 3stack (Lucknow, Samba
        boards)
                  auto          auto-config reading BIOS (default)

To test these confiugurations, unload and reload the driver with
"modprobe -r snd-hda-intel && modprobe snd-hda-intel model=<model
name>" (replace <model name> with one from above - i.e. medion).

Tobin