[alsa-devel] please test the beta CMI8788 driver
cladisch at fastmail.net
Fri Aug 24 16:19:56 CEST 2007
If you have a card based on the C-Media CMI8788 chip (Asound A-8788,
Asus Xonar D2, Auzentech X-Meridian, Bgears b-Enspirer, Club3D
Theatron DTS, HTOmega Claro, Razer Barracuda AC-1, or Sondigo Inferno),
please help testing the new snd-cmi8788 driver.
To test it, get the source from the Hg repository, or download this
To compile, run "./configure", then "make", then, as root,
"make install-modules". (If you don't want to compile all the other
drivers, use "./configure --with-cards=cmi8788" instead.)
What should work:
* analog playback (2/4/6/8 channels) and capture
* digital playback/capture (device name "plughw:CMI8788,1")
* all sample rates (32-192 kHz)
Not yet implemented:
* front panel playback/capture
* capture source selection
* SPDIF controls (for AC-3, copyright bit etc.)
* PCM volume on Asus Xonar doesn't work
* That's for you to find out!
I'm not sure about the channel order. Please try
speaker-test -D hw:CMI8788,0 -c 8 -t wav
and report if it works correctly.
*WARNING*: I don't have the hardware; I cannot run this driver myself.
It's quite possible that it crashes your computer or that it causes the
speakers to fall onto your cat. ;-)
More information about the Alsa-devel