[alsa-devel] Intel-HDA ALC262 (again)

Andy hornett83 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 22 21:59:36 CEST 2007

Alas, I spoke too soon. The headphone jack and
internal speakers work as expected, until I adjust the
main volume (labeled in alsamixer as 'front') at which
point  both the internal speakers and headphones play!

Unplugging the headphones and reconnecting them makes
everything OK again.

Any ideas? (patch against 2.6.22 that makes my chip
mostly work is attached). I guess that
alc262_hippo_automute() needs to be called somewhere
it isn't, but I couldn't see where.

Thanks again!
Andy

>Yep, I'm happy to report that does indeed fix it!
>Thank-you Takashi! :)
>Andy.

> At Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:51:25 +0100 (BST),
> Andy wrote:
> >
> > Hello again Takashi,
> >
> > I put in some printks, and indeed the function
> does
> > run and it correctly detects that there are no
> > headphones present, but the speakers are not
> unmuted.
> >
> > (the 'mute' variable both times is reported as
> being
> > 0x80 after it is set with snd_hda_codec_amp_read)
>
> Ah, it means that this intiailization gets called
> before restoring the
> mixer elements.  Since sony model doesn't have the
> mixer element for
> the NID 0x14 that is linked with 0x15, 0x14 isn't
> restored properly in
> the end.
>
> How about the patch below?  It's a bit too ad hoc,
> but better than
> buggy.

now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/