[alsa-devel] ESI MAYA44 PCI - ESI wants to collaborate!

Piotrek oponek at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 09:28:34 CEST 2007

     Referring to the lack of the official ALSA support of ESI MAYA44 PCI
(in fact, the card does not work) I would like to ask I there are any plans
to get this card working with ALSA? I would be thankful to be able to run my
soundcard properly under Linux. There are also a lot of people that would
appreciate your work and are waiting for maya44 pci drivers for linux:
    I wrote a letter to the UK ESI SUPPORT asking if they were going to
write drivers for their products for Linux systems as well. There is a

Dear Piotr

ESI do not provide and have no plans for Linux drivers for our products
ESI are happy to provide /share information to an Individual developer
within the Linux community
That is able and capable to develope drivers
and wishes to develope drivers

UK Support
ESI Auditechnik

It means that ESI will collaborate with developers who would like to write
such driver and share the documentation.

Again the question: Are there any plans to make ESI MAYA44 PCI card working
with ALSA?

I'm not a programmer but I will help you as much as I could.

Best Regards,
Piotr Makowski