[alsa-devel] Recent code changes for HD-audio on HG repo

Claude Michel cpjm at free.fr
Sat Aug 11 15:03:09 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have done come test of the new suspend/resume capabilities.
However suspend failed to correctly work on my laptop (dell d630).
You must note that there is a few trouble issues with sound on this laptop:
the snd_hda_intel driver correctly detect a STAC9205 and get the default
pin configuration from the bios. So far, so good ... however, pin B is by
default configured as line out and is working as such. But, it does not
correctly work with an external microphone as it need a vref. So,
instead of using the
bios settings, I use the windows default settings. This is not perfectly
working : I usually get some glinches that disappear after a logout/login
procedure. Nothing significant appears from a diff between
/proc/asound/card0/codec0
before and after this procedure ...

Now let talk about the suspend failure. The suspend procedure (which was
previously
working) produce a bug (I was not able to catch the message at this
stage. This is a
partial and hand written report ..):
Bug: unable to handle kernel NULL Pointer deferred at virtual address 0000
Call trace
<f9546d24> hda_set_power_state+0x34/0x150 [snd_hda_intel] <f9547768>
hda_call_code_suspend+0x39/0x60 [snd_hda_intel]
<f955477b7> snd_hda_suspend+0x27/0x50 [snd_hda_intel]<f954603c>
azx_suspend+0x60/0xd0 [snd_hda_intel]
<c023b29ac> pci_device_suspend+0x2c/0x70 <c0f29effd>
suspend_devide+0xdd/0x110

By the way, I am running mandriva 2007.1 with kernel 2.6.17-14mdv.
cpjm