[alsa-devel] Bug 305

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Fri Aug 10 16:56:29 CEST 2007

At Fri, 10 Aug 2007 09:50:21 -0500 (CDT),
chris at idlelion.net wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Aug 2007, Takashi Iwai wrote:
>
> > At Fri, 10 Aug 2007 09:32:59 -0500 (CDT),
> > chris at idlelion.net wrote:

> >> OK. That's in F8T1 stock kernel, so 305 is not fixed. Can I do anything
> >> else to help out?
> >
> > Didn't you read my last mail?
> >
> > You can build ALSA drivers externally from ALSA driver tree, at best,
> > from HG repository.  Please consult furhter on alsa-devel ML.
>
> I did read your mail.
>
> It is not at all clear that getting the latest build would be useful if
> the patch that was supposed to fix this bug is already in the kernel I'm
> using.

The ALSA tree is regularly changed everyday, so we need to keep the
driver codes we're checking identical in both of developer and
tester.  2.6.23-rc* doesn't contain the latest codes.

Once after we have both the latest codes, then we can start
debugging.  Also, please elaborate the symptom in the mail, instead of
a number 305.  Let's keep the information and proceed debugging on
ML.