[alsa-devel] Noise on rear speaker when switching from 2.0 to 5.1 sound

Felix Rauscher felixrauscher at alice-dsl.net
Sat Aug 4 20:19:04 CEST 2007

Hello,

I have a Hercules Muse 5.1 DVD (C-Media PCI CMI8738-MC6). I have a problem
when a running xine (e.g xineliboutput from vdr) switches from 2.0 to 5.1
output. Then the sound quality of the rear speakers is terrible. There is a
noise on the rear speakers.

If I start the xineliboutput-client when vdr already plays a programme with a
5.1 sound track, the quality is ok. It looks like the switching between 2.0
to 5.1 is a problem.

Thank you for your help!

Felix