[alsa-devel] daily snapshot & version ID.

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Apr 25 19:05:30 CEST 2007

At Wed, 25 Apr 2007 09:39:35 -0700,
Tobin Davis wrote:

> Would it be possible to add a version ID update to the daily snapshots that you
> generate?  It would make tracking a little easier, and we could get more testing on
> recent snapshots.

It's difficult because the version id is also maintained by Hg.
We can override, but this will make the code different from Hg tree.

> That or spin another RC soon.

I prefer this option and am pretty unsatisfied with the current
release cycle;  But I'm not in the position to decide the release.
I myself would like to release beta or rc far more often, though...