[alsa-devel] Fwd: No sound with ATI SB450

Tobin Davis tdavis at dsl-only.net
Sat Apr 21 18:26:26 CEST 2007

Which snapshot did you download?  It looks as if the driver isn't
detecting your codec at all.  Is it possible that your audio is disabled
in bios?  Also, Toshiba's are notorious for their acpi issues.  Try
rebooting with "acpi=off" on the kernel boot parameters list.

To help us debug this further if the above steps don't work, try
recompiling the drivers with "./configure --with-debug=detect
--with-cards=hda-intel".  Then rebuild and reinstall the drivers, and
look at the dmesg log with "dmesg | fgrep ALSA".

Your system "should" show up as a Toshiba with RealTek ALC861 audio
codec.  The alsa-info.sh listing doesn't show that codec, but does list
the subdevice ID.

Tobin