[alsa-devel] Buffer Overrun Messages

John Dey jsdey at optonline.net
Fri Apr 20 22:36:57 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have been driving fluidsynth with with aplaymidi and get the
following:  fluidsynth: ALSAsequencer buffer overrun, lost event.  I
have played around with buffer size and buffer number and also run with
and without jackd.  The sound out doesn't seem to be affect.  Can
anyone give me some guidance on how to eliminate the error.  Could the
error be caused by fluidsynth?  I have also run the program on
PS2/Yellowdog linux and CCRMA fc5 (x86) both with similar results.
Thanks.

John