[alsa-devel] Request for CS4280 Manual

Rene Herman rene.herman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 11:51:07 CEST 2007

On 04/17/2007 11:14 AM, Amar singh wrote:

> I'm a newbie in Linux Deivce Drivers and Kernel Development. We're
> writing our own driver for sound card - Cirrus Logic, Sound Fusion
> CS4280. in Fedora Core 6 Linux flavour.

Why? It's already supported by ALSA. CONFIG_SND_CS46XX:

"Cirrus Logic (Sound Fusion) CS4280/CS461x/CS462x/CS463x"

> For that I've been looking for the programming manual of the above said
> sound card, for a long time now, but didn't succeed in getting one. Since
> nothing being fruitful for me in this case, we're stuck up with our
> project, at the start. Therefore I'd kindly like to request you to plz,
> send me, if you can,  the programming manual in the pdf/doc format or a
> link to the place from where we can get that document.

As far as I'm aware, for that entire series of 46xx chips the only publicly
available documentation are these kinds of minimal datasheets:

http://www.datasheetarchive.com/search.php?q=CS4280-CQ

They don't serve as a programming manual no...

Rene.