[alsa-devel] function location?

intellij intellij at yandex.ru
Fri Apr 13 14:55:17 CEST 2007

>intellij wrote:
>> 2) Normally, when you have all the ingredients and glue (your code), you can produce an object. But not in c. Once your file compiles successfully in isolation, does not guarantee it will attached to a larger project.
>
>Neither is it guaranteed in other languages.

It is guaranteed in all normal/decent languages. I do not know any other such a stupid language dumping everything into one namespace.

>> 3) Even C++ with its namespaces patch fails to produce a decent development environment. The best tools for C++ are incommensurably ugly compared to the impressing capabilities of development environments for the Java (relatively new language).
>
>One cannot create an OS with Java.

What precludes somebody from doing so? I have a native java processor running java bytecodes natively. It executes nothing but java. In which language is its OS written?

On the other hand, if you look into linux kernel, the core arch files are mostly written in asm, not in C. Should we conclude, following your logic, that the ASM is more perfect language than C?

So, the facts suggest that the things are vice-versa: it is possible to create an OS in Java but not in C!