[alsa-devel] function location?

Ashlesha Shintre ashlesha.shintre at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 18:45:00 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am trying to write an application to just play a wave file and
record sound using ALSA --

I looked at the pcm_min.c file and tried to run it - I am using UBUNTU
and 1.0.11-7ubuntu3 sound library called libasound2.

I cant seem to find the pcm.c file which has all the snd_pcm_open and
other functions used in the pcm_min.c file!

I am using :
/usr/include/alsa/asoundlib.h header -- but i m not sure where the
functions defined in this header are -- and,
find / -name pcm.c                       yields nothing --nor does
find / -name snd_pcm_open

Any pointers please!
Thanks,
Ashlesha.