[alsa-devel] [Alsa-devel] Quality resampling code for libasound

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Thu Apr 5 12:07:48 CEST 2007

At Thu, 05 Apr 2007 09:04:09 +1000,
Jean-Marc Valin wrote:

> >> It not that nasty considering the two licenses are perfectly compatible.
> >> That being said, I'll try and do something about it. Any idea what extra
> >> text needs to be added to say this license OR that license.
> >
> > As mentioned earlier, I basically don't like a dual license because
> > it's ambiguous when a third person adds/modifies the code.  I don't
> > think it would be a big issue in the case of small codes like
> > resampler, though.
>
> I'm not sure what you expect here... There's no way I'm going to make my
> code LGPL-only just so it makes it nicer in ALSA.

Well, the above is my very personal opinion, and in practice, the dual
license can work for cases like this regardless of like and dislike.
So I hope we get LGPL-only at best but LGPL/BSD at least.

> > Do you already have a patch for inclusion to the alsa-lib tree?
> > If yes, I'd like to merge it before 1.0.14 release very much...
>
> What kind of patch do you mean? I thought it was just a matter of moving
> the files around from alsa-plugins to alsa-lib. I've also made a couple
> changes to the code recently, so I'll send you a patch for that as well.
> Let me know when I need to send them for the 1.0.14 release.

I cannot copy the code as it's still BSD-only.  At least, the
modification by you is needed in this regard.
Also, it'd be nice to update the code before merging, too.

thanks,