[alsa-devel] [Alsa-devel] [i8x0] docking station audio-out ceased to work

Andreas Happe andy at starseeders.net
Sun Apr 1 14:59:11 CEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 12:21 +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> What did you try exactly?

I thought that -mm contained the latest ALSA tree, so I build on of
those and booted it with aclink_spdif=1 and aclink_spdif=0. With both of
them the audio out on the docking station does not work (although I am
not sure that it is a SPDIF output).

> If it's ICH4 or newer, it has a separate SPDIF output slot in the
> contoller side.  Thus, when aclink_spdif = 0 (or not given), the
> dedicated DMA has to be used to send to AC-link slot 10/11.

Thanks, using the spdif PCM as output device worked, is there any way
that it could be enabled by a module paraemter (setting spdif_aclink
does not do that for me nor am I sure if it should).

Thanks,
Andreas