Revision as of 00:40, 9 December 2009 by Kiilerix
- full kernel sources (see to distribution specific section)
- gcc (C compiler)
- autoconf (only necessary if you need to use gitcompile script)
# ./configure # make # make install
Note: Example above will replace ALSA drivers for current kernel with drivers compiled from source.
- install appropriate kernel-source rpm package
- Make sure you have the right kernel-devel package installed; probably the kernel-PAE-devel package for the kernel you are running and will be running after the next reboot. Further kernel sources are not necessary.
- Run emerge media-sound/alsa-driver to get the latest stable version.
Note: this driver is now disencouraged, Gentoo recently switched to using the in-kernel driver as its first choice!
- If you want the latest sources, use emerge --oneshot =media-sound/alsa-driver-9999 which will download the mercurial source tree, compile it and install it for you.
- Follow the Gentoo Linux ALSA Guide to install ALSA.