Great work grinding through all the missing pages!
I have a question about your Template:Discontinued
Does it really mean that the module development is discontinued, or that the card that uses the module is discontinued?
E.g. many people have the Echo cards - what does original developer Giuliano Pochini <firstname.lastname@example.org> say?
--EliotBlennerhassett 10:24, 14 August 2007 (CEST)
- Hello Eliot.
- I'm no longer sure...
- I think that the developement of the driver (=module) was discontinued, because if the card was discontinued, you would have to add it to dozens of soundcards, starting with SoundBlaster 1.0/2.0/Pro over SoundBlaster 16 and so on, which are no longer available on the market and therefore discontinued.
- But: please correct me if I'm wrong.
- Also consider that I'm not a developer, just a user.
- Cheers, Andreas 20:13, 14 August 2007 (CEST)
- Yes, you were right and I was wrong... The modules are there, and page http://www.webalice.it/g_pochini/ead/ shows no sign of any discontinued modules.
- I got all confused by Matrix:Vendor-Echo Corporation. The "discontinued" of course refers to the sound card, not to the driver.
- I corrected my mistake, Template:Discontinued is now unused. Delete?
- --Andreas 18:12, 29 August 2007 (CEST)